2. Re: sound editing software

Subject: 2. Re: sound editing software
From: "David Michael" wildlifeanalysis
Date: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:01 am ((PDT))
Just thought I would weigh in.

I noticed mention of iZotope RX, and would like to give it a second
recommendation. It is very simple, fairly efficient with its spectral display,
and the spectral editing is superb.

If iZotope would add at least the simplest standard wave editing (like fades
and perhaps support for standard audio plugins), it would be an unmatched
product. I think the developers saw it originally as just a spectral repair
product, to be used as a plug-in itself in other editors, but for me, it is
possibly the ideal stand-alone editor (except for the fact I cannot add a
simple fade).

Unfortunately though, for the moment, iZotope RX is best used along side
something like Peak or Logic or Audacity.