4. Re: sound editing software

Subject: 4. Re: sound editing software
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:04 pm ((PDT))

e-editor-ideal-mac-audio-tool/>http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/05/15/rev=
iew-audiofile-engineering-wave-editor-ideal-mac-audio-tool/

>Note that the price has dropped significantly since the above review -
>it's now $79US rather than $250. It's definitely not the perfect
>editor but quite capable for the price.
>
>cheers
>Paul

Hi Paul and Lily--

They've built some nifty features into Wave Editor since I last
looked at it.  As Lily astutely points out, the learning curve is
going to be steep for a while and its probably wise for her to invest
her time in an application that also supports video for her
soundtrack projects. It can be quite daunting trying to manipulate
files on a timeline, adjust levels, tweak plug settings and keep
track of one's files if one has no audio background. I think she'd
learn to enjoy the ability to save her edits and settings and not
have to start over from scratch to improve a mix. I couldn't tell
from the documentation, do you possibly know if Wave Editor supports
real time audio plug inserts in multiple tracks and has the ability
to save session settings?  These would be big bonuses at that price
point. Final Cut Express, which she already owns, has some video
features she won't need initially but it has all the audio tools her
needs have indicated thus far. Its also a fairly friendly application
to learn. Rob D.