Some quick advice! on Fostex FR2-le, which type of Compact Flash to

Subject: Some quick advice! on Fostex FR2-le, which type of Compact Flash to
From: ""
Date: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:11 am ((PDT))
Hello Everyone,

I'm desperate to find an answer to this question but can't find it anywhere on
the internet!

I have bought a Fostex FR2-le Field Recorder, but I am not sure which
CompactFlash to buy.

I'm very confused, as on the Fostex website it says the FR2-le takes
CompactFlash Type 2 cards, but when I bought a 'type 2' card, it appears the
company sent me a 'type 1' card but stated that it was compatible with all
CompactFlash equipment.

Does the Fostex Fr2-le take all type of CompactFlash card, i.e. type 1 and type
2 ?  Or does it ONLY take type 2 cards? How do I tell which card to buy for the
Fr2-le, as the company says the Transcend card I bought is type 1 and 2
compatible.

Please advise. I'm confused about this all now - I'm sure it's fairly straight
forward! Any help greatly appreciated! Hope this makes sense to someone!

Thank you and best regards !

Ian Mackie