Best mic for Zoom H2 - For nature sounds

Subject: Best mic for Zoom H2 - For nature sounds
From: "ndbdxr" ndbdxr
Date: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:56 pm ((PDT))
I've been doing a little research on which would be the next microphone to get
for my Zoom H2. I mostly record insects sounds at night. I read on a nature
recordists site, that the Sony ECM-MS957 is a good match for the Zoom H2. Does
anyone have any experience with this combo?
Or should I be looking at another mic that is better?
I already use that off-brand, cheap shotgun mic (from Hong Kong)I bought off
e-bay. It only provides 1 channel, though.

It looks like I'll be stuck with the H2 for quite a while longer...
Like most people these days, I'm on a very low budget. Which makes me wonder
about something else: Is there a "DIY version" of the Sony ECM-MS957? I've seen
a pic of the inside of one of these Sony mics: Looks like there's a lot of
stuff going on in there...

Thanks,

Al