Re: HD and LP MiniDisc players

Subject: Re: HD and LP MiniDisc players
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Sun Sep 6, 2009 1:42 am ((PDT))
Hi

I think the two units you mention are actually the same, the 200 has more b=
undled with it.
I would go for the MZ RH1 this will do what you want.

Phil

On 5 Sep 2009, at 21:09, "Richard L. Hess" <> wrote:

Hello, all,

I have myself in a bind. I offer a service of digitizing and
recovering tapes and someone talked me into trying to do some Mini
Discs for them and now I discover that I'm woefully behind the times
with a standard MD player that won't play LP or possibly HD.

So, I'm wanting to grab the most cost-effective MD player that I can
that will play **ALL** MD formats. I get a call for this about once a
year, but since this client came from a good friend I don't want to
let her down. The project will hopefully almost pay for the MD
player, so it becomes almost revenue neutral (which is better than a
loss plus an embarrassment!).

I have come across a Pro MD MZ-M200 and a consumer MZ-RH1 and
frankly, I find trying to determine which is better to be very difficult.

I am Windows-based and I think the MZ-RH1 will permit me to recover
files in LP and HD MD formats from the discs via USB. I think that is
preferable to real-time streaming.

Any suggestions guidance from this astute group of individuals would
be most welcome.

I currently have an MDS JE530 and two MZ-R37's. I liked the MZ-R37
with an Audio Technica AT822 mic for oral history recording, but for
something compact, I like the Zoom H2 better <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess
Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/