Re: HD and LP MiniDisc players

Subject: Re: HD and LP MiniDisc players
From: "Richard L. Hess" richardlhess
Date: Sun Sep 6, 2009 4:42 am ((PDT))
At 04:42 AM 2009-09-06, Philip Tyler wrote:
>Hi
>
>I think the two units you mention are actually the same, the 200 has
>more bundled with it.
>I would go for the MZ RH1 this will do what you want.
>
>Phil

Hi, Phil,

Thanks! It seems that Sony has discontinued these models and I had to
settle for a NOS "demo" unit from one of the Sony Style stores. I
apparently got the last one in the Province of Ontario. I should have
it Wednesday.

In further research it seems like the only choice available.
Hopefully, it will have the latest software on the included disk. It
actually sounds like the dream unit for archiving MDs...hopefully it
will last as long as there are MDs to archive. At least all my
personal MDs will play in the three units I already have, the
MDS-JE530 and two MZ-R37's.

Although I should save the MZ-RH1 for client work, the USB
faster-than-real-time feature may just tip the balance to grabbing
ALL of my MDs while the thing is still fresh. Then I can pull the
MDS-JE530 off the shelf in the studio and save some "rack" space for
something else. That would lose another item on the SPDIF router:
Other than the computer interfaces, I'd be left with DAT, CD, and
PCM601 decoder. www.richardhess.com/tape/facility.htm

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Richard