Re: inexpensive shotgun microphone

Subject: Re: inexpensive shotgun microphone
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:14 am ((PDT))
Hi Al--
Thanks for using the archive. On your budget, I feel the Rode
hyper-cardioid or uni-directional models are still worth looking into
based on my experience and comparisons video/film pros have made
between them and much more expensive hyper cardioid mics. The
microphones are usually the most important quality factor.

Stereo might also be an important consideration as you research your
mic upgrade options.  Mid-Side or "M-S" stereo arrays are quite
popular for recordists who want a selected subject to "stand-out."
You can enter mic model numbers and get quite a bit of info as a
rule. Rob D.

   = = =