Re: Flying Telinga

Subject: Re: Flying Telinga
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:52 am ((PDT))
<< in Europe there are major security restrictions on hand luggage - I
suspect parts of the world such as yours are more civilised. >>

Europe is less restricted & irrational in its security implementation
than the United States, where it is subject to personal interpretation
by officials on an airport by airport basis.

<<Here, hand luggage must not (in theory) by longer than 56cm -
whereas the dish is around 65cm when rolled. Also only one item of
hand luggage is allowed, so can't carry another bag :-(>>

Actually the wording is one carry on bag in addition to a "personal
item", by which they mean a purse, or its male equivalent. The group I
tour with always have a violin in one hand & a briefcase full of
music, iPods, phones, CDs, etc, in the other.

<<Hence I'm thinking of checking the rolled dish in the hold (I'm sure
it'll be fine), and carrying the mic - and hoping I can explain what
it does to the police - without the dish being present to make things
clearer...>>

As long as the item carried on can't be wielded as a weapon you're
good to bring it on the plane.

Scott Fraser

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: