Re: Edirol R-09HR vs Zoom H4n (built in mics)

Subject: Re: Edirol R-09HR vs Zoom H4n (built in mics)
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:37 am ((PDT))
At 6:18 PM +0000 8/20/09, ndbdxr wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>I have another question. I've seen (or rather, heard) the side by
>side site. But, if you don't mind, I would just like to get a couple
>more first hand experiences, please.
>I glanced at a post on another web-based audio forum, where one guy
>stated "the zoom H4 mics are better than the Edirol R-09HR."
>But that got me thinking: what about the Zoom H4N, now?
>
>Anyway, I believe I've pretty much narrowed my next purchase down to
>these two: Edirol R-09HR or Zoom H4n. Was doing more research last
>night, and was just about settled on the Edirol (I don't think I can
>wait for the new Sony, by the way). So, again my main concern is the
>built in mics of these units.
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Al

Hi Al--
Maybe someone owns both units and could run a short comparison test.
If so, what sort of subject, sound level and micing distance?

Another way to go is to ask a salesperson at Sweetwater or another
larger audio gear company if you could buy both, run a quick side by
side test and send one back for refund. They might ask for a
re-shelving fee, but if you are really curious about actual
performance differences, it might be worth it. Rob D.