Re: Cable care

Subject: Re: Cable care
From: "John Moore" jlmoore3rd
Date: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:38 am ((PDT))
Greg

I like the Bayco reel you linked to- it would fit in a backpack easier
than the one I use: TecNec JackReel-3
<http://www.markertek.com/Cable-Management-Protection/Cable-Reels/TecNec\
-Cables-Connectors/HE-38.xhtml> . I built a 125 foot (38m) 5-pin XLR
stereo cable. I put the male end on first- that way the female is fed
out to the mic(s) and then an extension is fed to the preamp & recorder.

John Moore
Flying Monkey Soundblog <http://sound.flyingmonkeystudio.com>

--- In  "Greg Weddig" <>
wrote:

> Hi Justin,
> I have about a 100+ feet of 2 and 4 channel cable and I use one like
this:

> http://www.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0075291-zoom.html
>
> I picked it up at a big box hardware store several years ago.  It is a
bit heavy for backpacking in which case I use a regular "hand wind"
without a reel, like what is shown in the videos above.

> Most of the time though I use the reels for car recording.  I found it
handy to attach a little fabric stuff sack on the inside of the reel to
contain the connectors.  The only question now is which end goes on
first?!