Re: Cable care

Subject: Re: Cable care
From: "Syd Curtis"
Date: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:00 am ((PDT))
Good point, John.

I haven't experienced any problem in 40 years of so using my cables, but no=
that you alert me, maybe with thinner and shorter cables it might have
caused damage.

For the record, my cables are approx. 4.5 mm diam. thick and the 'minimum
bend radius' to which any are subjected (one significantly less than 50 m
long) is about 15 mm.

And for "pulling tight" perhaps I should have said, "take up the slack".  I=
doesn't really have to be tight.

Cheers

Syd

> From: "John Tudor" <>
> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:31:59 -0000
> Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Cable care
>
> I think you need to be very careful doing this. Wrapping the end around t=
he
> coil and pulling it tight is OK for rope, but could cause you to exceed t=
he
> 'minimum bend radius' of the cable and cause damage to the internal struc=
ture.