Re: Discussing Stereo Techniques for Seascape on Location (was Stere

Subject: Re: Discussing Stereo Techniques for Seascape on Location (was Stere
From: "justinasia" justinasia
Date: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:49 pm ((PDT))
--- In  "picnet2" <> wrote:

> I use shure in-ear headphones, good isolation but they take some >getting=
 used to. In windy conditions they can also pickup >microphonics? in the ca=
bles causing some unwanted noise (just in the >earphones, its not recorded)=
 - they are a very portable solution.

Hi Mike
Nice to finally hear someone else is using in ear headphones too! So I'm no=
t alone. When using my Etymotics, my solution for the noise from the cable =
is to have the cables running over my ears, that is, I hook them over my ea=
rs from the front then they go around the back of my ears (like glasses do)=
. That seems to absorb all that unwanted sound, and at least for my Etymoti=
cs doesn't feel uncomfortable. There's another company, can't remember whic=
h, whose in ear phones actually have a more rigid cable for that first few =
inches I think, so that they stay in a shape to properly fit around your ea=
rs. I'm sure something similar could be easy to home-make by adding somethi=
ng, perhaps taping some bendable wire to that section which could hold shap=
e.

Justin