1. Olympus LS-10

Subject: 1. Olympus LS-10
From: "kiran srivastava" kiransrivastava53
Date: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:27 pm ((PDT))
Hello All,

I have also more or less decided to purchase the Olympus LS-10 with
Sennheiser ME66/K6 shotgun microphone for recording only bird
calls/songs and other ambient forest sounds. As part of the package
deal I am also buying a cheap pair of Sennheiser headphones. Marinos
K. rightly points out that wind is a big factor but buying a
windjammer/wind protector is an added expense ($100 plus). Now I am
battling with alternative ideas for the latter. A double set of thick
cotton socks, for instance..? I must add that I am doing this for
personal pleasure and sharing it with friends on a laptop.

Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai, INDIA

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 5:31 AM, paulmcnelis <> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I plan to purchase the SP-TFB-2 binaural mics and either the Edirol R-09H=
R or the Olympus LS-10.

> I plan to record anything nature - birds, frogs, thunder, rain, streams, =
etc.

> I have just 1 question:
>
> I read somewhere (forget now) that the Olympus mic jack or line input (wh=
ichever the SP-TFB-2 would get plugged into) has very low sound when it com=
es to ambient and quiet sounds. Is this true?

> I'm just a regular joe with a job, mortgage, wife and kid, and looking to=
 do this as a hobby.

> We are going to the ocean this year on vacation and I want to record ever=
ything possible down there (surf, seagulls, amusement rides, arcade, boardw=
alk, etc. etc.)

> My mind is kind of made up on the Olympus, but I just need to know if it'=
s good for quiet forest ambience, streams, leaves rustling maybe.

> Thanks a lot!

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: