Re: unique sound signatures of locations

Subject: Re: unique sound signatures of locations
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 am ((PDT))
Hi Bernie,
I don't doubt the value of your collection as or to baseline data. Though i=
t seems to me that collecting baseline data and working from baseline data =
are two different things. How do you "work from" baseline data if it is you=
r first visit to a location? What baseline data that others have collected =
do you consider important to research for a site while in the planning stag=
es for a recording trip to a new location?

I am surely less meticulous than you when deciding on recording locations. =
My approach usually has more to do with where the wind is not blowing, than=
 what habitat work is being done there or what data surveys were conducted =
there before me.  Careful documentation of recording sessions make them mor=
e repeatable, and potentially more valuable as, or supportive to, baseline =
data.

John Hartog