Re: [Off Topic] post deletion

Subject: Re: [Off Topic] post deletion
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Thu May 14, 2009 6:43 pm ((PDT))
For the record

Negative feedback is always welcome, I gain much from it but not
directed at members, it is grounds for a 3rd world war!  So I try to
diffuse it before it grows out of hand... Frogloggers had some
unfortunate e-mails directed at them on this list not long ago and I
defused it in the same way..

I got attacked unjustly OFF list because I left my CAPS on without
looking up while typing, an honest mistake. I responded originally to
your post

When Mike wrote later he left "Doug Oade" in the subject line. I had
no problem with his posting to the contrary what others think. In a
hissy fit he posted to the list his grievances with me, I wrote back
and it went to the group, (not intended) so I deleted it.....

I have no affiliation with Doug, I bought a quick "back-up" recorder
from him on my way to the Arctic Refuge some years ago and he said he
would bill me later. I think small companies like him need a break. I
fully understand your unpleasantries  with him but the postage thing
should have been between you and him personally and that was the end
of it so I thought!

Too often a small section of group members jump on my back but the
majority back me up for which I'm eternally grateful. As Mark said, it
is a thankless task being moderator but I have extremely broad
shoulders.

I value your postings, believe me,  but I wont deal with someone
else's hissy fits on this list. He needs to go away and smell the
roses for a while....

Let's move on

Martyn
Martyn Stewart