Re: Software for Mac

Subject: Re: Software for Mac
From: "Heather Perkins" landonewts
Date: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:30 am ((PDT))
For a free Mac audio editing program, Audacity is amazing - and it's
one of the few Mac editing programs that supports multi-track mixing.
Great support & documentation, too. You can download it and see how
it works for you.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You can also check out commercial programs like Peak or DSP Quattro.
I know that Quattro supports multitrack recording, I assume that
means you can edit/mix more than two channels. Peak is amazing for
two-track editing and mastering, and the company also offers a noise
reduction program, but it doesn't support multi-track editing.

DSP Quattro:
http://www.i3net.it/dspquattro/asp/homepage.asp
http://www.i3net.it/dspquattro/asp/features.asp

Peak:
http://www.bias-inc.com/

Hope this helps!

- H

Heather Perkins
Sound Designer - Composer - Mad Scientist
WaterDog Studio & Land-O-Newts! Records

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
boxing."