Re: Filtering out jet planes on a Mac (was flight path maps)

Subject: Re: Filtering out jet planes on a Mac (was flight path maps)
From: "justinasia" justinasia
Date: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:51 am ((PDT))
> Justin will have to describe what sort of natural sounds he has
> recorded, and what is the strength of their signal, compared to the
> jet noise.

Thank you Vicki (and everyone else) very much for the info about removing a=
eroplane noise. Your recording sounded great! It will take me time to under=
stand what you have said, as I have not used any software yet. I will start=
 a new thread about that.

As for what I'm recording, I am not targeting any species in particular. I =
am trying to get the general forest ambience, including whichever species a=
re active. My tests are a bit rough so far so I am shy to post a sample! Ce=
rtainly there have been crows, and a bird which is called here Uguisu (I do=
n't know in English. That one has a very lovely sound!)

First it seems I must learn one of these programs, which takes me to my nex=
t post...

Justin