3. Re: Research Project

Subject: 3. Re: Research Project
From: "justinasia" justinasia
Date: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:16 pm ((PDT))
Hi Raimund and Lou
I also don't mean to keep going with this, as it is becoming off-topic. I d=
on't mean to be argumentative and I won't argue about Goethean science, as =
I don't think that would be productive. But I should just make it clear in =
case I have caused any misunderstanding about the subject or people I menti=
oned.

Steiner was indeed influenced by Goethe's science. I don't think that shoul=
d mean that Steiner's work (or his student's activities) defines Goethe's s=
cience. The scientists I mentioned from whom I learned Goethean science are=
 not anthroposophists.

Brian Goodwin is a mathematician and biologist, and among other things was =
Professor Emeritus at the Open University, a key founder of a branch of mat=
hematical biology known as theoretical biology, and a founding member of th=
e Santa Fe Institute (birthplace of complexity theory). Ecologist Stephan H=
arding is one of the contributors to Gaia Theory. These fields are radicall=
y new and groundbreaking, and of course developing and functional.

Justin