Re: DAC

Subject: Re: DAC
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Sun Mar 8, 2009 4:40 am ((PDT))
--- In  Lou Judson <> wrote:

> Never seen such little D/As.

There are a few of these types of things on the market; tiny things with
headphone sockets and RCA outputs, sold directly out of China. Mostly for the
hi-fi and Media Centre market, rather than pro audio. Interesting things, but I
haven't used one myself.

> Are there specs anywhere, or can anyone
> address the chips and their performance? And what is that RJ45 jack
> for? Is CTL for contril, or what? And why a mic input on the second one?

I can't tell you about the chips, but I'm assuming they're *respectable* (i.e.
at least half decent). Most contemporary DA chips are respectable these days. I
doubt it will match a Lavry, Benchmark or Mytek, but I assume it will be more
than acceptable for the price and purpose.

> So many questions, so little info online.

Annoying, isn't it!