Re: All night battery operated stereo audio recorder?

Subject: Re: All night battery operated stereo audio recorder?
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:33 am ((PST))
At 11:52 AM +0000 1/26/09, picnet2 wrote:
>Rob D wrote:
>  > If synchronization is key, some of the digital recorders, like the
>>  LS-10, exhibit rather significant, "drift." Not sure if this is
>>  common to the card recorders or not.
>
>Baudlines drift integrator:
><http://www.baudline.com/manual/process.html#drift_integrator>http://www.baudline.com/manual/process.html#drift_integrator
>
>-Mike.

Hi Mike--

Ah yes,.. and as Thomas suggests, he'll be able to determine how long
the affected sound file _should be_ with the shortwave radio time
stamps.  It takes a little math, but one can use a header change
function (like Soundhack's and others) to quickly adjust the faulty
file's sample rate before placing it in the time line of most
multi-track editing apps.  Wish my Linux chops were better for
Baudline! Rob D.