Re: All night battery operated stereo audio recorder?

Subject: Re: All night battery operated stereo audio recorder?
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:15 am ((PST))
At 9:48 AM -0700 1/25/09, Thomas Ashcraft wrote:
>I want to set up a stereo audio recording system that would run 8 or 10
>hours nightly on batteries away from the power grid. I would recharge
>the batteries during the day. I searched through the archives and
>couldn't find exact information on all night off grid stereo recording.
>
>Thank you in advance for your reply.
>
>Thomas Ashcraft
>New Mexico

Hi Thomas--

There are many contributors on this list who have the ability to help
you design a system.

Rich Peet is currently designing a SD722 system to run continuously
for weeks, unattended.  He's been measuring his SD722's power demands
before making the battery and solar panel investments. He and I would
be happy to brainstorm with you about some options that have occurred
to us. Email me directly and I'll bring Rich into the loop.

Once you have measured the power demands of your recorder, drive,
etc., the tech consultants at companies who sell solar panels are
very good at sizing systems. I'd get their input for sure. A lot will
depend on how much back-up power you want to plan for on
low-solar-gain days. It might not be that expensive for a system that
meets your needs under best-case conditions. New Mexcio is famous for
solar resources. Rob D.