Re: The Sound Of Silence

Subject: Re: The Sound Of Silence
From: "Lindsay Cargill" loxiaguitarista
Date: Fri Jan 9, 2009 7:05 am ((PST))
--- In  Kim Cascone <> wrote:

> > Cage's 3'22"
> Lindsay was this the pop song remix of 4'33"? ;)

Nice one Kim - yeah I think you're right, 3'22" is the 'radio remix'
of the 'album version'! ;-), Guess I'll never live this one down
now!? Maybe I was thinking 3'22" of 'nothing' is about all I can take
or maybe it was from watching too much Spinal Tap, I really don't
know.

Love the anecdote of Cage sueing over the use of 'his' silence - if
that is true he must have had balls of brass as you say 'pondside' !
I assume his case failed ? Copyrighting 'silence' - absolutely
brilliant, has made my day ! :-)However, at the risk of making more
balls ups, I am sure the score for 4'33" was/is available to
purchase, therefore is published presumably with the usual
copyrighting, and this may have been Cage's premise in his law suit ?

Subsequently, I will try my best to avoid making a recording of(very
faint,but interesting) crossbill feeding calls for my new CD that
lasts 4'33" just to be on the safe side ;-)

Lindsay