Re: First post--Need Some Advice

Subject: Re: First post--Need Some Advice
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:58 pm ((PST))
Hi Walt,

I really don't mind when other fields of work come up as long as
discussions somehow tie directly to nature recording. I know I said
"drop the ENG reference", but I will bring it back up just this one time.

I just remembered a discussion I had recently with a friend who does
some nature related news stories for our local public radio station. I
asked him why he recorded in mono instead of stereo such as MS which
would better capture the natural ambiances. His reply was that he was
stuck with what the station supplied him with, and they were not
willing to set him up with better equipment.

And to be clear to others like me outside of the news broadcasting
loop, ENG stands for electronic news gathering.

John Hartog