Re: impact of noise on bats

Subject: Re: impact of noise on bats
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:42 am ((PST))
Got some considerable stuff on large mammals, frogs and insects, but
not bats, Gianni. This is probably because, except for the high whine
of jet engines and some turbines (that tend to disperse the greater
the distance from the source and is more typically industrial noise
generated in enclosed spaces) there isn't a whole lot of anthrophony
(human noise) that extends out into bat ultrasonic range. Recent
recordings I've made with distant traffic and aircraft (both light and
commercial) haven't shown much, if any, impact for those reasons, most
likely. These are either hoary or Myotis.

Bernie