Robinson Crusoe Islands

Subject: Robinson Crusoe Islands
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:35 am ((PDT))
So here is an offer of a lifetime (but you pay for it)
I'm going to Chile in December (11th until the 21st) to the Juan
Fern=E1ndez Islands if anyone on the group cares to go?
The Juan Fern=E1ndez Islands Islands are in the South Pacific with
Mediterranean temperatures, I'm after soundscapes and the critically
endangered endemic species. The Juan Fern=E1ndez archipelago is situated =

about 1000 miles off the main land, I will be going to the Robinson
crusoe island, the largest of the archipelago.

In terms of species that you could record, you should be able to get
recordings of the endemic Juan Fernandez Firecrown, the Green-backed
Firecrown, the endemic Cachudito (tit tyrant Anairetes
fernandezianus), the
Austral Thrush, Pink-footed Shearwater, possibly Kermadec Petrel,
possibly Short-eared Owl.  Also, Juan Fernandez fur seal.

Logistics are actually quite easy:
Message: 1.
Subject: International flight: your location to Santiago, Chile
a.      The usual route for me is Seattle-Atlanta and then Atlanta-
Santiago.  Pretty painless