In Santiago, you stay at the Hotel Foresta. I can give you their

Subject: In Santiago, you stay at the Hotel Foresta. I can give you their
contact email or arrange for your reservation.  Very friendly and
reasonable prices.  Plus, it is within walking distance of central
Santiago with some interesting sites, including the Moneda where
Allende was overthrown.
a.      You can take a taxi from the airport to the hotel (the hotel is
known by most taxi drivers): approximate cost Ch$12,000 (US$25)
Message: 3.
Subject: Flight from Santiago to the islands
a.      the airline to Robinson crusoe is provided by, LASSA
b.      Approximate cost in US$: $700 roundtrip.
c.      Reservations are payable by credit card.

  On the islands:
a. There are various hostels to stay in.
a. There are no banks or places to exchange money on the islands.
Thus, you should change money in Santiago. You can budget about US
$50-60/week for food.
b. Minimal other costs as there is not much to spend money on.  Some
nice artwork now being done with scavenged black coral.
c. When you arrive in Santiago, you may have to pay a reciprocity tax
before proceeding to immigration. The tax is US$100.

I suggest if anyone is interested they google the Robinson crusoe
islands and find out as much about the place.

Martyn
Martyn Stewart.
http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond  WA