Re: Mexican Pot Growers Are Polluting American Wilderness

Subject: Re: Mexican Pot Growers Are Polluting American Wilderness
From: "davem98607" davem98607
Date: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:43 am ((PDT))
> Turns out that most of the illegal growers in our
> pristine national parks are just plain ol' American joe sixpacks
> looking to make a little extra quick coin...like those in Sequoia/
> Kings Canyon and on the fringes of Yosemite. Yup. You betcha.

Around here it is definitely the Mexican drug cartel who is in charge
of most of the grows:

Reservation used to grow marijuana -
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/122118632
Message: 132350.
Subject: xml&coll=3D7

Mexican cartel's pot 'gardens' pollute area forests -
http://www.ktvz.com/Global/story.asp?s=3D9162236

Fish & Wildlife Troopers Find Large Marijuana Grow Site near The
Dalles -
http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/NEWSRL/news/05_31_2007_thedalles_mjgrow.shtml

Feds arrest four in growing marijuana in Tillamook County -
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/feds_arrest_four_in_ti
llamook.html

Note also that the original story is from the Associated Press, and
was carried by:
NPR - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=3D95638289
CBS -
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/11/national/main4515320.shtml?
source=3Dmostpop_story
USA Today - http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-10-11-
Message: 3233436149_x.
Subject: htm
etc.

I am no fan of Faux News, I just thought I should point out that they
did not write it.