Re: AES

Subject: Re: AES
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Mon Oct 6, 2008 7:28 am ((PDT))
So Greg
Would you take it to Papua New Guinea in a remote place for 16 days?
What about the Arctic for 21 days? Would the machine cope with high
humidity? Would the screen fill up with condensation?
These are the questions that matter, you said you used it in studios
etc but what about extended use away from amenities?
What would you do for battery life for the duration?
If I was comparing to a 4 channel recorder I would still pick the
SD744 because its tried and tested in grueling environments.
Nagra say this is a 6 channel recorder but in fact you DO need extra
pre-amps boosting the weight capacity!
Those batteries nagra provide are Proprietary and expensive.

I'm curious

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart