5. Re: Decca Tree?

Subject: 5. Re: Decca Tree?
From: "John Lundsten" lundsten_john
Date: Wed Sep 3, 2008 2:26 pm ((PDT))
I recon the resulting polar pattern of a summed XY pair will depend on the=

angle the mics were placed at.
Just by way of example; imagine you had the 2 cardioids back to back (180de=
angle) the 2 summed would for sure be an Omni. Conversely if they were both=

at 0deg (absurd but it is easy to grasp) then clearly the result would be a=

cardioid.
It's quite possible at a practical angle, say the theoretically favourable=

angle of 131deg or the 90deg as per original post you may well get a
sub-cardioid, sorry don't have time/inclination to do the maths.
John L

-----