5. Re: Decca Tree?

Subject: 5. Re: Decca Tree?
From: "Kim Cascone" anechoicmedia
Date: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:43 pm ((PDT))
> and the center just six inches forward and off to the right by
> maybe four inches (sorry I don't do metric in my head)

yes the diagram is woefully inaccurate but the text was meant to
verbally define the spacing
so artistic license was taken when none was conferred ;)

as for metric: I for one prefer the simple and logical metric to
arcane and cumbersome english system
and I still don't understand why the US didn't make the switch back
in the 70's when it promised to
the metric system makes life so much easier and makes much more sense
especially since the english system makes use of both fractional and
decimal representations that are often used/approximated interchangeably
further muddying the ability to conceptualize length/distance
give me 21 cm instead of 0.83" (or whatever that is in a fractional
value) any day