3. Re: Decca Tree?

Subject: 3. Re: Decca Tree?
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Mon Sep 1, 2008 8:09 pm ((PDT))
The American school system inculcated me with its system. Though I
now well what the metrics mean, I must translate it mentally to use
it effectively. I could discipline myself to use it but... lazy and
late in life!

I was in the sixth grade class that was experimented upon with "The
New Math" as made famous by Tom Lehrer, and it failed miserably.
Makes me glad they didn't try too hard to teach metric! If they'd
made the switch in the 40s it would have worked out fine for me...

I am not critical of its use, just find it easier to say an inch than
Message: 2.
Subject: 54 cm if that is correct... A meter makes intuitive sense as two
meters is my fingertip to fingertip measurement with arms spead. Fold
my fingers 90 degrees and I have six feet. Hand to hand, that is, not
on the ends of my legs...

It's labor day here in the USA and the barbeque affected my mind, sorry!

<L>