Re: donzost@pacbell.net has sent you a New Scientist story.

Subject: Re: has sent you a New Scientist story.
From: "David Michael" wildlifeanalysis
Date: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 am ((PDT))
> What about Marten and Marler (late
> 70s), Baptista (1987), Norris (1987), McDonald (1990), Kroodsma, and
> many others, who have described this phenomenon with that name for
> decades?

Thanks for these references.
Do you happen to have a little more info on these papers (though the
dates may be enough)? I would love to track them down.

I also have to say that in the spectrum of science journalism, the
reporting in New Scientist sometimes tends toward sensationalism
(which isn't all bad).

Best
David

http://naturerecordists.com/dmichael