Re: Fwd: Audio Technica 30 Series Blowout at Front End Audio!!

Subject: Re: Fwd: Audio Technica 30 Series Blowout at Front End Audio!!
From: "lilyplants" lilyplants
Date: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:48 pm ((PDT))
Wow. Thank you. I recently listened to a comparison of the DPA 4060s (or 40=
61s) and
4006s - recordings of an orchestra (I can post if anyone wants). That's a r=
eason I asked
the question. I'm new at this,   that I don't know the relationship between=
 a "quiet" mic
and a mic which can elicit a relaxation response as do the recordings from =
the 4006s for
me (even on MP3!!!). I want to be able (on a budget and with a physical han=
dicap) to
translate existing (!) sounds into a relaxation/emotional response for othe=
rs. aaron has
been able to do that with his Hi-MD, but don't know what mics he used.

Back to the point. From your description as well as rereading information R=
on D. has
provided, I'll go ahead and purchase the 3032s tomorrow AM.

I'm interested the AT grid as part of the reason for the price ratio on the=
 3032s compared
to other mics. It will take awhile for me to understand the technical reaso=
ns. In the
meantime, I appreciate your description of musical and cultural experiences=
. Yes, I can
relate.

I was hesitant to buy mics which I'd have to set up on a rig rather than we=
ar (per handicap
issue re backpacking, not to mention a woman camping alone). But your quest=
ion re
music, made me think of various seasonal experiences with sound where I rec=
ently lived in
New Mexico! That makes me (1) feel excited about venturing out from the cit=
y where I now
live in the U.S. northwest. It also gave me (2) the idea of setting up in a=
n urban garden and
perhaps a nearby/rural wholesale nursery.

Thank you for "prattling on." Your discriptions remind me of being in the m=
ountains of
Nicaragua during the late 80's. It was so quiet one could simultaneously fe=
el their own
emotions, think and be acutely identify with other peoples and their lives.=
 The vast
soundstage of that "underdeveloped" country made one feel alive and importa=
nt as a part
of the world.

As one can only be aware of a limited number of things at a time, I think i=
t's helpful to
become thus enthralled by sentient others and natural environs .. an increa=
singly rarified
experience in "developed" locals with their constricted stages of competing=
 sounds.

Can't wait to hear your recordings of: "some large scale forms of music
... e.g. Tibetan monastic rituals and Newari
devotional singing). For those applications, a spaced pair of mics will
usually create a better sense of size than a coincident pair."

You were dramatically helpful. Thank you, Greg.
lily

I hope some of that is helpful...