Re: Fwd: Audio Technica 30 Series Blowout at Front End Audio!!

Subject: Re: Fwd: Audio Technica 30 Series Blowout at Front End Audio!!
From: "lilyplants" lilyplants
Date: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:30 pm ((PDT))
Thank you for asking. I'm not thinking this through well enough. I won't do
official music
recording. In fact, I'll do very little music recording. It would all be
outside with these mics
probably mounted on my body while I using a video camera - blues, acoustic,
chamber,
pop ..

Serious recording will be of grasses and ambient sounds with these mics. Most
of my
recording will be stealth with very small mics (thinking about the Shure 183 or
EM 23s ...
whatever options are out there which are not too expensive).

I ask about music because I haven't heard the 3032s and I have zero tolerance
for bright,
harsh sounds and want to put my money into no more than two pairs of mics.

Basically Ron D. and I have discussed the use of these mic for masses of grass
which
would be my main rural ambient subject. I definitely want a warm, full sound
for the
grasses.

lily (your question helped me narrow my search)