More questions on a compact system

Subject: More questions on a compact system
From: "Birding Africa (Callan Cohen)" callancohen
Date: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:31 pm ((PDT))
Hi all,

Thanks oryoki for the feedback on Edirol R-09 HR review.

I was wondering if I might ask the group another 2 questions. The
first relates to impedance matching with the new Edirol and
Sennheiser ME67 mic. Is a transformer such as the Shure A96F still
recommended for increasing gain between the Edirol and the mic?

I've been using the same Sennheiser ME67 mic for the last 11 years
now, as it has always served me well under the worst possible
tropical conditions. However, because of its length, I don't take it
everywhere with me, especially when I'm hiking or doing small trips.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts regarding a good
compromise small directional mic?  Is there a significantly smaller
mic that would be a good back mic up for these situations, and which
would fit easily in a "fanny pack"? I have used the Sennheiser
MKE300, which is roughly what I am looking for in size, but which had
endless problems with its tiny cable. Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Callan

Callan Cohen                         Percy FitzPatrick Institute
        of African Ornithology,
Mobile: +27 83 256 0491       University of Cape Town,
Tel: +27 21 531 9148                       South Africa.
Skype: callancohen

BIRDING AFRICA http://www.birdingafrica.com
CAPE TOWN PELAGICS http://www.capetownpelagics.com