LS-10 not reading 8GB SDHC

Subject: LS-10 not reading 8GB SDHC
From: "Roy Beckham" royefinch
Date: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:13 pm ((PDT))
> I ordered a SanDisk 8GB SDHC card, and the LS-10 only sees it as a
> 4GB. I've upgraded to the
> 1.04 firmware, tried reformatting, reinserting the card, etc. I've
> tried recording "past" the limit, but it's determined there's only
> 3.7GB installed.

I did not have to upgrade the firmware on the LS-10 to read the 8GB card
(v1.03). The 3.7Gb is just about what you would expect from a 4GB.

SanDisks are probably the most commonly forged cards out there. If you
have a camera or other device that you can put the card in, I would test
the size in that. If you come up with 4GB, return for the proper 8GB. It
is either a fake or at the very least a mislabeled product.

-Roy

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: