Re: pocket recorder with best pres

Subject: Re: pocket recorder with best pres
From: "clay" dan.cesonrocks
Date: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:03 am ((PDT))
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:22 AM, <> wrote:

John,
yes, point & shoot was a moniker someone here applied to the new (?)
breed of handheld, pocketable recorders with internal microphones.

my question is:  which one of these recorders (presumably, the Olympus
LS-15,
Tascam Dr-1, Zoom H4, Marantz 620, Sony D50, or Edirol R-09HR??)
is best used as a small, CF recorder when used with external mics.

IOW, is there something smaller than a FR2-LE?  perhaps not even XLR inputs
are necessary.

thanks for your response,  and also Heather.

Clay