Re: Help please - cable wiring

Subject: Re: Help please - cable wiring
From: "Max Catterwell" oatcruncher
Date: Tue Jul 1, 2008 9:43 am ((PDT))
Many thanks for your reply Oryoki.
These Hosa cables aren't available in the UK from what I can see. You
have much more choice in the States for stuff like this.And this maker
I've contacted has got me worried about incorrect wiring. I naively
thought that I could buy two leads with the appropriate XLR connectors
for the mics, and a similar 3.5mm jack plug to to dual XLR sockets for
the input; I didn't realise that there were different internal wirings!!
I think he said that the mics were balanced, but the out from the
Phantom wasn't? Does that make sense? He wanted to know whether or not
the LS-10 mic input was low or high impedance; this information I was
able to give him. Anyway, once someone lets me know how these leads
should be wired I'll get him to make them up for me. At this time I'm
not really sure whether or not it's the leads from the mics to the
Phantom, or the Phantom to the LS-10 that are the problem.
Max