1. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED

Subject: 1. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:51 am ((PDT))
At 8:51 AM +0100 6/29/08, Max Catterwell wrote:
>Hi Rob!
>Even though this is probably going to be over my head, I'd still like to
>be able to access this 'movie'. The link you provided doesn't work for
>me; it changes automatically to
><https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/type/public/media/ME67-D10_ME67-LS10_LS10Mics=
Sor3_Lrg.mov>https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/type/public/media/ME67-D10_ME67-LS=
Message: 10_LS10MicsSor3_Lrg.
Subject: mov
>and gives 'error on page'.
>Any suggestions please?
>Max

Hi Max--
Both
https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/type/public/media/ME67-D10_ME67-LS10_LS10MicsSo=
r3_Lrg.mov

and http://tinyurl.com/544flb  are working for me

Another way is, go here https://pantherfile.uwm.edu/type/public/media
and select the movie, ME67-D10_ME67-LS10_LS10MicsSor3_Lrg.mov from
the directory.

The comparison movies are pretty straight-forward. They are designed
for one to listen to the noise differences between the samples and
decide whether they are significant or not. All I do is place the
test samples side by side and match the playback volume (and ID them
visually). The easiest moment to hear differences is at the very
brief cross-fade between the segments when the image changes. The
technical causes behind the audible noise differences can be a little
tricky to isolate sometimes but as you gain an understanding of mic
self-noise and mic sensitivity you'll soon be sorting them out.  Rob
D.