Re: Filtering

Subject: Re: Filtering
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:23 pm ((PDT))
Yes there are a few different pieces of software that do this.

One is called SoundSoap.

http://xserve1.bias-inc.com:16080/products/soundsoap2/

There are two versions at two prices.  One is more or less hands off, and t=
he other lets
you get more involved with the filtering.

I have used the less expensive version with some success, depending on what=
 I was
dealing with.  If you over filter with this type of noise reduction, it oft=
en sounds
mechanical....or at least it sounds filtered and in that respect, not so go=
od.  But if used
sparingly, it's fairly effective.

Others can chime in on other software.

Danny

--- In  umashankar <> wrote:

> many programs let you do that, it is usually called noise reduction (atle=
ast in adobe
audition/cool edit that i use. you select a small section where you only ha=
ve unwanted
sound and ask the=A0software to sample it. It then creates quite complex fi=
lters to
complement that noise and removes it from the recording. it=A0can work very=
 well indeed.
http://stores.lulu.com/umashankar