Re: windjammer and suspension for mkh-8020's

Subject: Re: windjammer and suspension for mkh-8020's
From: "Greg Weddig" gweddig
Date: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 pm ((PDT))
Martyn,
I use the Schoeps hollow spherical windscreens on my DPA omnis (4006)
with my Jecklin disc. (http://www.posthorn.com/S_pops.html#w5d)

I created some spacers to help the windscreen fit over the mic with
rubber tubing, you would have to do the same thing with the MKH 8000
series, they are just a bit smaller than the Schoeps.

These windscreens have a plastic cage that fits over the mic and a
thin foam sphere with a fuzzy fabric over the outside.  I think they
work great and don't color the sound too much.

--greg weddig
Baltimore, MD
http://gregweddig.net