Re: a GPS for Nature Recording

Subject: Re: a GPS for Nature Recording
From: "Greg Weddig" gweddig
Date: Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:36 am ((PDT))
Hi Hugh,
I have no experience with this product.  I use an inexpensive basic
GPS in the field.  I recite the GPS coordinates onto the slate at the
top or head of my recording, along with the date, time, location,
weather, microphone patterns etc.  That way the locations and
pertinent info is always with the recording.
Some people slate the tail or end of the recording, the advantage
being then you can highlight any species or events that happened.

Good luck,
--greg weddig
Baltimore, MD
http://gregweddig.net