Many Birders are not conservationists

Subject: Many Birders are not conservationists
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Sun Jun 1, 2008 6:01 pm ((PDT))
I just had to share this, sorry if it gets to the wrong people with
the wrong message:

I'm on a birding list-serve, I get reports in the hope of  a chance to
find birds in quiet environments, I'm also on amphibian list-serves
and mammals. I consider myself as an animal lover and NOT a birder. I
actually resent the tittle "birder" Most birders I know are "Listers"
and don't really give a hoot about the habitat birds live in, just
getting it on a life list! As David Sibley once said "there are
birders and birdwatchers"
Anyway, I got this today, Stuff the birds health, just need to know if
he can count this bird!!!!

<<<<Tweets - Tom Weir called me with a 2nd hand report of a BROWN
PELICAN at the northwest corner of Lake Sammamish, between Marymoor
Park and Idlewood Park. I was able to go down this afternoon and
verify.  The bird looks a bit sickly, and it's apparently been sitting
on one of the boat docks all day.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can add this bird to the Marymoor
list...>>>.>>>>

(DISCLAIMER) There are birders who do care, I'm not branding all
birders the same but personally i find the majority this way... If
this offends, I'm sorry but i felt compelled to share this...

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond  WA
425-898-0462

Make every garden a wildlife habitat
Listen to the Birds and the Bees at
http://naturesound.libsyn.org/
View a Nature Recordists Blog!

http://naturesound.org/Nature_Blog/Nature_Blog.html

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: