Re: Hydrophones: Cetacean Research C54XRS/SQ-26 and DPA 8011?

Subject: Re: Hydrophones: Cetacean Research C54XRS/SQ-26 and DPA 8011?
From: "Rory" rory_ca2
Date: Sun Jun 1, 2008 12:30 pm ((PDT))
Thanks Tim, I've sent you an email.

I'm also planning to record underwater in a salmon river at depths of
not more than a few feet. There are a few posts on RAMPS suggesting
that the best sound in shallow water will come from a Countryman EMW
or B6 lavalier. Apparently, they can stand up to the water, and if
they fail, they're cheap anyway. I haven't come across anything about
this on this forum. Has anyone tried it?