Re: Not to change the subject, but...

Subject: Re: Not to change the subject, but...
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sun Jun 1, 2008 7:22 am ((PDT))
"mcavineyj" wrote:

> Guys I'm a complete beginner, a news and sports Photojournalist, I am
> now spending a lot of time at home because of illness. To get to the
> point; I live in rural Ireland in a house surrounded by an orchestra
> of birds. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to record their music to my
> MacBook Pro using a Samson Microphone. Can someone please direct me to
> the correct recording microphone, preferably not directional as the
> birds are all around the house and there is almost no intrusive noise.
> They sing, LOUDLY, from before 3.00AM until nightfall around 10.00PM

I'll take a stab at this, since you're adding to a thread I started.
I'm thinking we need a lot more information from you before anyone here
can offer suggestions. Exactly what Samson microphone did you try? How
was it connected to your MBP? What recording application were you
using? Is this all you want to record, or do you have other recording
targets in mind? Are you satisfied with a mono recording? I could go
on...

Curt Olson