Re: LS-10 microphone

Subject: Re: LS-10 microphone
From: "William Ruscher Jr." immonacan99
Date: Thu May 29, 2008 7:37 am ((PDT))
Hi Max,

          I used an MKE-300 mic with my Edirol R-09 as my entry level
setup and got some decent mono bird recordings. If you are interested
to hear these recordings, please let me know. Your combination should
sound a bit better with less preamp hiss in the LS-10 than the Edirol,
as Raimund's excellent comparison test of the preamps has demonstrated
(Thanks Raimund!). I still carry the MKE-300 in my pack as a backup to
my Sennheisser ME66/K6.  Have fun with your new LS-10 and get out and
make some recordings. As often stressed in this group, the mic is the
most important element and I can suggest the ME66 as a possible upgrade
for the future.

Regards,

Bill

--- In  "oatcruncher"