2. Re: reasoning jolly subscriber

Subject: 2. Re: reasoning jolly subscriber
From: "CHARLES MOULT" charles9150
Date: Thu May 29, 2008 10:50 am ((PDT))

 wrote:

          We will always be interested in what is used in a specific situat=
ion .
Knowing what mic is usefull to me more say because of the pickup
response than what make of mic ,

I dont always want to know...
what it costs, where do I buy them ?, should I buy one? will it work
with x-y, what is an alternative?, Ive got one and can I build a power
supply for it ?, how long a cable should I use with it ?,

For me This is where the topic dilutes from the original thread.

I want to know:
How did you learn about the particular species you were recording ?
What did you learn in your research about the species ?
How did you choose the location for the recording ?
What tactics did you initialy imagine the recording would require ?
How did you find the species you were recording ?
Was this task easy ?
What did you learn in doing so ?
this could go on for days..........

Dave