Looking for field recordings and nature sounds

Subject: Looking for field recordings and nature sounds
From: "Sudhanshu Tewari" loopstick2000
Date: Tue May 27, 2008 2:17 am ((PDT))
This list seems like a great place to find people who might be interested i=
submitting some recordings for our project (see text below) or forwarding
our call for submissions to other nature recordists. We=B9re currently doin=
g a
week of field recordings and plan to do more in the future if we get enough
submissions.

More info at http://www.jourparjour.net/radio/VNR_Home.htm

We are curating an online sound project and are interested in your
participation.

    This audio project, RadioVillageNomade,  will take place, day by day,
for 214 days over 7 months (May-Nov 2008) at La Corbiere in Switzerland.  A=
audio play will be created using material contributed by invited artists an=
sound manipulators from all over the world.  The "transmission" at this
point is via our website, where a new mp3 is posted daily. The mp3s will be
available for download with the intention that they be reused as raw
material for new submissions. Selected pieces will be also be broadcast on
European public radio. At the end of the 214 days we will weave all
submissions into a 24 hour audio play.
    The aim of this project is to cultivate works out of sounds which were
designed without the intent to distinguish themselves from others, sounds
that highlight the ever changing moments that make up our collective
realities.  Each day's piece will be a "window" into a life and sound world
different than our own.  Recognizing that global politics currently impose =
climate of demarcation between peoples, our goal is to provide a context fo=
creative cooperation that supersedes nationality and ethnicity and finds
common ground in art.  Below is a basic description of the type of
submission we are interested in for Radio Village Nomade.  Creative
approaches are HIGHLY encouraged.

    In general, as few restrictions as possible are imposed. We ask that
artists define for themselves what constitutes a moment in time and how tha=
might be captured as audio. Submissions should be mp3 files, 7 seconds to 7
minutes in length, encoded at 320 kbps. Please avoid merely posting tracks
from albums; music is not discouraged but the composition should relate to =
moment.
    Themes, such as a week of traffic recordings, nature, or children will
develop based on the submissions received. A French sound arts duo, Kristof
K. Roll, plan to do a period of simultaneous recordings around the world.
Swiss artist Isamu Krieger is creating a sound menagerie of animal sounds
made by humans. Proposals for more elaborate ideas such as these are
welcomed. Field recordings are encouraged.

More info: www.jourparjour.net/radio/VNR_Home.htm
<http://www.jourparjour.net/radio/VNR_Home.htm>

    RadioVillageNomade is one of many ongoing projects taking place at
Laboratoire Village Nomade (www.jourparjour.net).  The projects here revolv=
around the idea that no moment is the same, each transitory moment is
special in it's own way and can be appreciated as such. RadioVillageNomade
attempts to capture these moments as they are perceived by one person to be
shared with anyone who wants to listen. The idea is to have a "window of
sound", a glimpse into another reality seen (heard) from another viewpoint
(listenpoint?).

    We hope that you will consider creating and submitting a piece of work
for our project.  Please feel free to pass this information along, or
recommend to us anyone you know who might be interested.

Thankyou,

MaryClare Brzytwa,
and
Sudhu Tewari,

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: