5. Re: Olympus LS-10 _vs_ Sony PCM-D50

Subject: 5. Re: Olympus LS-10 _vs_ Sony PCM-D50
From: "Andrew Carter" standlynch
Date: Mon May 26, 2008 1:57 am ((PDT))
--- In  "oryoki2000" <> wrote:

Thanks Oryoki and Akira.
That answers my memory queries! Blame Bill Gates as usual!

Umashankar wrote:
>i do not know why a 2 gb file size limit is such an issue - seeing
that >the minidisc (&dat) always had an absolute limit. i gb for hi
md, 60 or >90 minutes
>for dat.

I agree that I would not normally need more, but have a long recording
in mind for a months time, and will get what I need with 6 hrs. I
would have used a compressed recording with a MD. I note that the new
Sony can only record to wav, whilst the Olympus can record to mp3
(thanks for highlighing this Oryoki).

Andrew