Re: Ithaca, NY - Two pools of Spring Peepers, Pickerel Frog

Subject: Re: Ithaca, NY - Two pools of Spring Peepers, Pickerel Frog
From: "David Michael" wildlifeanalysis
Date: Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 am ((PDT))
> Hi David,
>
>            I enjoyed your recording and have fond memories of camping
> on Connecticut Hill, some years back. A nice spot, and thanks for
> including the picture. I recall hearing  gunshots there also. My
> friend and I have hiked the Finger Lakes Trail and have come up on
> target shooters on State lands, several times.

Target shooters would make alot of sense, thanks for the insight. It actually
gave me a bit
of a  scare as I not real fond of killing animals, or witnessing such an event,
or being in the
vicinity of people with guns.

> At the 6:25 mark until things get quieter, I noticed there is a
> higher pitched call every couple seconds mixed in with the Peepers. I
> am no herp expert, but I'm thinking it is a different sound made from
> a single Peeper in the chorus. I'm not sure if this was the call you
> were refering to.

Yes, this is the call I was referring to. I have not heard a Peeper make this
sound before
and was wondering if it could be something else, though it does call in time
with the
chorus.